This single Korean word describes the period of time when leaves change color in autumn. In English you have to describe this event within a phrase (“the colors of the leaves this fall are spectacular!”), but in Korean all you have to utter is “dan-poong is spectacular!”. I love this about the Korean language. Complex events or experiences are often described within one word. (See jeong & han)
Dan-poong is a wondrous phenomenon of nature and deserves to be in this week’s photo challenge: wonder.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (smkelly8.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (ramblingsofatimetraveler.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: wonder (andreadreamin.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (radicalamazement.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Wonder (amarquette333.wordpress.com)